It’s my anniversary…

bigstock_Serving_Of_Fun_6471595 It’s my second blogging anniversary.

It comes at a time of year when I don’t particularly want to celebrate anniversaries.

The anniversary of my divorce was last week.

My wedding anniversary would have been yesterday.

And it’s the time of year that marks another year gone since The Man Who Would Be King and I split up.

So many not so positive things.

And so, I wasn’t going to even announce this anniversary.

But this morning, I feel differently.

In the past two years, I have learned so much. Met so many. Grown by leaps and bounds.

I have learned to laugh. Cried among friends and built a following.

I have learned basic coding, the ins and outs of WordPress and with tremendous help from a dear friend redesigned my blog (Thank you, Laverne!).

This day, January 8, will continue to serve as a bright spot in the failed relationships of my life that seem to congregate at the beginning of the year.

I celebrate here, with you, and it is good.

I’d send you all flowers, but my gift giving budget has been slashed.

I raise my glass to you as I say thank you for joining me on this ride. (My glass is full of coffee, after all I still have to go to the job that pays the bills. They kind of frown on champagne for breakfast.)

The coming year holds so much promise.

I am so very glad you are here.

• Denise January 8, 2013, 8:10 am

Happy Blogiversary! So glad that we found each other!
    Denise recently posted..Finding My Joy

• @bluenotebacker January 8, 2013, 10:51 am

Happy Blogiversary! Now is the perfect time to focus on what lies ahead rather than what is in your past. You have created something wonderful here, thank you for sharing!

I don’t remember the date of my divorce because it was a logistic nightmare. I do remember my wedding date because it happened to be on St. Patrick’s day (my once favorite holiday now ruined!) All in the past, here’s to a great 2013.
    @bluenotebacker recently posted..Forty Already?

• RChicken January 8, 2013, 6:20 pm

Thank you! Love your point about moving forward!

• StrongerMe January 8, 2013, 2:35 pm

Happy Anniversary! I love love love it! August is my nightmare month…wedding, divorce, birthday. Perhaps I can PRETEND that my blogging anniversary is August. I certainly have met so many wonderful people based on all of that ugliness!
    So glad that you are still going strong.
    StrongerMe recently posted..Raising a boy to be a man

• Jackie January 8, 2013, 8:55 pm

Congratulations on two years of awesome blogging! I hope to find you here for many, many more years!
    Jackie recently posted..My week with a Kia Optima

• Teri January 9, 2013, 7:26 am

Happy Anniversary!! Here’s to many many more happy returns of the day!
    Teri recently posted..Snarkfest’s Top 5 Blog Posts of 2012

• chimomwriter January 9, 2013, 8:55 am

Happy anniversary! My second blog anniversary is next month, right around when my divorce will (hopefully) be finalized. Plenty of other not so great junk thrown into February as well. We take the sour with the sweet, right? Something like that… ;) Enjoy the sweet, savor the community on your blog and cheers to a great year ahead!
    chimomwriter recently posted..Forgetting something

• RChicken January 9, 2013, 7:59 pm

I like that idea: take the sour with the sweet! And thanks for being part of my community :)

• Kathy at kissing the frog January 9, 2013, 9:04 am

Happy blogiversary!! My second blogiversary is Friday! :)
    Kathy at kissing the frog recently posted..Our Family’s Journey Through 2013

• RChicken January 9, 2013, 7:57 pm

Happy blogiversary! So glad I got the chance to know you through our words. xoxo

• aka Laverne January 9, 2013, 6:36 pm

I’m crying a bit here! I am so proud of you….SO PROUD!!! You are such an amazing woman. I feel so very very lucky to have watched you just start to grow into our amazingness. I also get such a wonderful feeling each time I come to this space. Last summer, the time we spent making this yours. It was such a journey. It was a journey I got to take with you and it was amazing. While it was amazing for you i dont know if you even begin to realize what your journey gave to me. I can’t even begin to thank you for!!!! Happy Anniversary! I feel so very lucky to be able to call oh my friend! MWWWAAAHH! xoxoxox LV
    aka Laverne recently posted..Just Write

• RChicken January 9, 2013, 7:57 pm

Thank you! And you have your own wonderful journey…I get to share in it too :)

• Naked Girl in a Dress January 10, 2013, 7:26 am

I am so happy you chose to celebrate this anniversary. There’s a lot of good that comes from your blog for you, but for us as readers. We are happy to be here celebrating with you. We are also grateful to know you, and have your words inspire us. Thanks for what you bring to my life and the internet!
    Naked Girl in a Dress recently posted..45 Life Lessons, Written by a 90 Year Old

• Classic NYer January 26, 2013, 7:27 pm

Woohoo! Happy anniversary!!

(I wanted to say something more clever and meaningful than that, but I couldn’t think of anything. Next year?)
    Classic NYer recently posted..On a moment of idleness

• RChicken January 27, 2013, 12:01 pm

I can wait for clever and meaningful (assuming I’ll still be here next year)…but your Woohoo was good enough for me!