Write the next chapter

As I look back over 2012, on the surface, it seems that I didn’t accomplish a lot. After all, I am no closer to being independently wealthy than I was a year ago. I weigh the same (give or take) as I did a year ago. I am still single. I still struggle to be fully organized.

But if I take careful stock of my year, I see that I accomplished several incredibly important things.

I listened to my son and changed his school environment.  As a result, he is thriving in a nontraditional school setting.

I watched Thing Two earn his 3rd degree black belt in taekwondo.

I celebrated my dad’s 70th birthday.

I changed my history related to Christmas Day.

I joined the team at Studio30Plus.

After a blog breakdown of epic proportions, with the support of a few key players in my world, I completely refocused my blog.

And just yesterday, I paid my whopping $.05 library fine. I enter 2013 as a citizen in good standing with the library.

While I’d love for 2013 to be the year I fall in love, win the lottery, lose 50 lbs and organize my life into simple perfection, I realize that 2012 was a pretty good year, even without those things.  And 2013 hasn’t been written yet.

I’m ready to write the next chapter.

With joy and anticipation.

With gratitude and acceptance.

With love and laughter.

Write my life

Happy New Year!

Photo credit:
StockXchnge Asafesh

• Corinne December 31, 2012, 12:18 pm

I am so proud of you for all you’ve accomplished, and beyond excited to start this next year as a team.

Congratulations, and Happy New Year, my new friend. :)
    Corinne recently posted..2012 – It came, it went… in pictures.

• Steph Bonjour December 31, 2012, 12:58 pm

Thanks for the great perspective! Good thoughts pointed your way for a successful 2013 and beyond.

• Classic NYer December 31, 2012, 7:19 pm

… and I for one can’t wait to read it.
    Classic NYer recently posted..On baby steps (the resolution entry)

• Kathy at kissing the frog January 1, 2013, 8:15 am

I was thinking this same thing – what did I do in 2012? Upon reflection I did come up with some things. Just hoping 2013 gets better and better.
    Kathy at kissing the frog recently posted..Tuesday

• Alexa January 1, 2013, 1:52 pm

Sounds like a good year overall!!
    Alexa recently posted..Big Give Away! Interview with "Cephrael’s Hand" Author Melissa McPhail

• idiosyncratic eye January 2, 2013, 3:43 am

I love that phrase! We don’t always know how the chapters are going to turn out or even when they’ll end but we can write them. :)
    idiosyncratic eye recently posted..2012 in Review

• Naked Girl in a Dress January 8, 2013, 5:42 am

I am so happy you see all the great things you accomplished in 2012 instead of letting that terrible little voice (I have one too) take hold of the situation by telling you what you didn’t do. I think your three words for 2013 and your ability to find the great accomplishments will help guide an even more successful 2013.

And even if all you listed is that you did a good job raising the boys in 2012, that would be a wonderful accomplishment.

You are an amazing woman, Kimberly!
    Naked Girl in a Dress recently posted..2012: In My Own Words