Just Be Enough: Thankful

I’ve been working on being grateful not just for the really important things, like my children, my job, my dog, my home, but for simple everyday things too.

Like the coffee that’s brewing as I type. On Saturday, I had a coffee shortage. Sure makes me appreciate my Monday morning cup.

And the fact that I am able to afford to buy Thing Two a second scientific calculator when his goes missing and then I have the fortune to find one at Costco for $6.

Let’s not forget that I should be grateful for being able to identify the matches who aren’t my match as I work my way through my Match.com subscription. At least I have the self-confidence to wait for someone who suits me rather than settling just to have someone.

But today, on a global level, I’m grateful for people who do good things.

I believe deeply that there is more good than evil in this world, but we don’t focus on the good, so we don’t always see it.

Our news shows provide 95% bad news: crime, taxes, scandals, disasters. And every once in a while show us one story of something truly good — not one of those positive PR deals that the TV station sponsors — but showing some good news just for the sake of sharing good news.

This weekend, I stumbled upon this video.

It made me smile. And I decided to that it’s my call to focus on the positive. And to be infinitely thankful for it.

Won’t you join me?

• Laverne November 19, 2012, 8:07 am

It really is about the little things, isn’t it. I tend to be the opposite of you. I recognize many of the little daily things I am thankful for but often forget to remember (even though I know I am) really truly blessed for the really big things in life. I absolutely LOVED that video and can wait to share it. Love the part with the people dressing up and just having fun. Also, man are there are cameras everywhere!!!

• RChicken November 19, 2012, 7:08 pm

I’m good at remembering the big things, but not so much the littles. Maybe that’s why we’re good for each other?

• Laverne November 19, 2012, 7:29 pm

I think you are right! and another thing I am thankful for you!! Lucky to call you my friend…even though we never skype, we never text… what is up with us?!
        Laverne recently posted..MEMEday Week 9

• Coffee Lovin' Mom November 19, 2012, 8:38 am

Great video – needed that this morning! I don’t often watch the news just because it’s always bad – I would rather not know about those things. Sounds like your Monday is going better than Saturday
    Coffee Lovin’ Mom recently posted..Girls Crochet Headbands Review and #Giveaway

• RChicken November 19, 2012, 7:07 pm

My Monday was fabulous. Productive. Informative. Friendly.

Probably because it feels like Thursday with tomorrow being my “Friday” of this week.

• Jackie November 19, 2012, 2:01 pm

Wow… $6 for a scientific calculator! That is simply amazing! I never seem to find one less than $80 or so!
    Jackie recently posted..Treat Greeting cards by Shutterfly

• RChicken November 19, 2012, 7:06 pm

I know! When I saw it, I grabbed it :)

Should have grabbed a second one at that price. He’ll probably lose another one before high school is over.

• Missy | The Literal Mom November 19, 2012, 3:09 pm

I love the plan to focus on the positive. So, so agree. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Missy | The Literal Mom recently posted..What Are You Thankful For?

• RChicken November 19, 2012, 7:05 pm

I say it. Now to actually DO it. That’s the tough part.

• Kate F. @katefineske November 19, 2012, 9:27 pm

That was a GREAT video. Thanks for sharing the positive. All of us need to see the positive more often…
    Kate F. @katefineske recently posted..There and Back

• RChicken November 20, 2012, 7:45 am

I get sucked into the negative way too easily. I’m working hard at keeping my eye out for the positives :) Thanks so much for your comment!

• Charlotte November 21, 2012, 9:43 am

DO take all the time you need to find the perfect match for YOU. Though I know the waiting game sucks big donkey balls, I promise you won’t even think about the many losers you had to go through to find your Mr. Right. Sometimes being in the moment presents the biggest challenge for us (okay, maybe I’m speaking for me) but there are so many wonderful things that we otherwise lose out on because we are so concerned for the future.

Okay enough with the cliche talk :)

Also, thanks for spreading this cheer. I loved this video so much!
    Charlotte recently posted..Match.com: virtual frat party?