Robin Roberts – MDS Diagnosis

Yesterday, Robin Roberts made an announcement that she’s fighting MDS.

I missed the original announcement because I haven’t been turning the TV on until the evening news.

But I saw niblets of the news on Twitter. And had to find out what was going on.

So, I took some time yesterday afternoon to sit and watch the video of her announcement.

Tears streamed down my face.

Even though I’ve never met her.

She’s as much a part of my day as many of the people I see in my daily life here in Missouri.

There’s something warm and real about her.

I remember crying when she announced her breast cancer diagnosis.

I remember the day she decided to take off the hairpiece she had worn on the air during her chemo treatment. I cried with joy.

That woman embodies incredible courage. Incredible strength. Incredible humanity.

I enjoy other anchors. But none have connected with my heart like Robin has.

This quote from Elisabeth Kübler-Ross sums it up for me:

I will hold her needs in my heart and keep her close in my prayers.

Will you join me?

• dysfunctional mom June 12, 2012, 4:00 pm

Wow, I love that quote. Truly inspirational! I don’t have that connection with Robin Roberts, I don’t watch much morning TV, but I am pulling for her.
    dysfunctional mom recently posted..That Which Does Not Kill Us.

• RChicken June 14, 2012, 6:20 am

I just feel so badly for her. The issue she’s facing now is a result of her treatment for breast cancer. She’s in my thoughts daily.

• Jen {at} take2mommy June 13, 2012, 8:11 am

I know what you mean – Robin Roberts seems so warm and genuine to me. I think that quote you found fits her perfectly.
    Jen {at} take2mommy recently posted..Scalp Therapy? Yes Please!

• RChicken June 14, 2012, 6:21 am

She does seem warm and genuine. And I’ve never heard anyone ever say a bad thing about her. She must live her life with complete authenticity. It shines through her.

• Jill June 13, 2012, 5:38 pm

I love her too. So sad.
    Jill recently posted..So did I save money just by switching to GE Energy Smart light bulbs?

• RChicken June 14, 2012, 6:22 am

I’m pulling for her. She’s a strong woman…she’ll pull through this. I just wish she didn’t have to.

• Lydia June 13, 2012, 9:29 pm

I stopped watching morning television a while ago-and this post was my first realization that this was going on! I know, but I’ve been a little out of the twitter loop lately. I’ve always thought that Robin Roberts was one of the best at what she does.She comes across as very warm and down to earth but still polished. I like how she has decided to face this next challenge with hope.
    Lydia recently posted..(Almost) Wordless Wednesday

• RChicken June 14, 2012, 6:23 am

I love her attitude of hope. She’s a beacon of light…and that will serve her well as she heals.

• (FL) Girl with a New Life June 14, 2012, 9:46 am

I posted this quote on my blog recently and it is so true.

May we all find courage and joy.
    (FL) Girl with a New Life recently posted..Stories from Real Women: Downsizing to a Happier Life