Each Day a Gift

I was rushing around in my break-neck-speed world, folding laundry, mentally making a grocery list in my head, pondering the state of the Universe, and following my Twitter stream, when I saw a tweet from Denise at According to Denise:

[blackbirdpie id="205994170224082944"]

And I recalled a conversation I had with Thing One the other day about dumb, frustrating things NOT being worth a heart attack at 43.

So true.

This morning, just prior to seeing Denise’s tweet, I read an email from a friend of mine who recently retired from education. It included a YouTube link which I had put off viewing simply because I was living in my break-neck-speed world, folding laundry, mentally making a grocery list in my head, pondering the state of the Universe, and following my Twitter stream.

And that video stopped me in my tracks.

It put my life, my every breath, every heartbeat into perspective.

I’m going to watch it weekly, maybe daily, until the words become part of me…part of the way I detach from my break-neck-speed world, folding laundry, mentally making a grocery list in my head, pondering the state of the Universe, and following my Twitter stream.

I share it with you now. May it help you calm your crazy, too.

According To Denise

• Ilene May 25, 2012, 1:07 pm

Found you through Denise’s link up. I live in a break-neck-speed world too – making mental lists while I am writing out paper lists while doing 8 others things at the same time, etc etc. although I so want to learn to stand still a little more – especially for the sake of my kids. The video stopped me in my tracks. Thank you! xo Ilene
    Ilene recently posted..Dogs Conquer All

• RChicken May 25, 2012, 6:50 pm

It really got to my soul, too…glad I posted it :)

• Denise May 25, 2012, 5:06 pm

That is a beautiful video. Definitely makes you stop and think. So glad you linked up!
    Denise recently posted..Calm My Crazy: Freckles

• Sarah May 25, 2012, 5:53 pm

I don’t usually watch videos people send either, but since you posted and based on your description I did view this one. It was very inspiring, and made me curious about the idea behind the film. In the beginning I was worried it was going to be an ad for something!
    Sarah recently posted..Made in the USA: The 30 Day Journey Philadelphia Trip

• Heather May 26, 2012, 7:37 am

I think all of us get caught up in the moment, doing a million things at once. This was a great video to put everything into perspective–Thanks for sharing!
    Heather recently posted..Apple Cinnamon Baked Cake Doughnuts

• Savvy Working Gal May 26, 2012, 8:00 am

Did I need this. I took my first vacation day of the year yesterday. I have been under a tremendous amount of stress buried under deadlines. And yes I had to work late Thursday night in order to take Friday off. After years of working like this, I’ve recently decided I need to make some life changes. This film is a great introduction to a new way of thinking and hopefully a new life.

• RChicken May 28, 2012, 7:05 am

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Seems so cliche, but it’s got some truth to it…Here’s to BOTH of us having reduced stress.

• misssrobin May 26, 2012, 6:22 pm

This is an absolutely fabulous video. Thank you so much for sharing it. It changed this day for me.

Stopping by from SITS. Have a great weekend.
    misssrobin recently posted..Confronting My Therapist

• DynnaLou May 27, 2012, 7:59 pm

This is definitely so true.. We should always remember that each day God gave us is a gift and a beautiful life given for us.. Make the most out of it and be happy always..
    DynnaLou recently posted..How To Overcome Anxiety