Yesterday, I was the Supreme Princess of the Day because it was MY BIRTHDAY! It was a day full of all the best things
- multitudes of Facebook Friends wishing me the best
- coffee with caramel macchiato creamer
- a fabulous massage
- fresh flowers via delivery
- my grandma’s strawberry cake recipe baked for me by Thing One and Thing Two
- a homemade mac and cheese cooking lesson for Thing Two
- thoughtful gifts including an original poem by Thing One and beautiful silver bangle bracelets from both boys
- and lots and lots of laughs and hugs and phone calls from people I adore.
And hopefully my Supreme Princess dispensation for all yesterday allowed many of you to get ice cream, new puppies and jewelry, or at the very least a well-deserved nap!
Yesterday, I looked back over year 41 and reveled in my accomplishments. I really did conquer a lot of my fears last year. I had the dreaded mammogram, had a wisdom tooth removed, traveled out of the country with my children, whitewater rafted in level four rapids, started this little blog, and started dating again. Whew! No wonder I need a nap every single weekend day.
Last year, on the day after my birthday, I declared year 41 as The Year of Courage. I knew there were things that I was avoiding out of fear. I knew that had to end. I was finally a grown up at age 41. I needed to deal with them. And I did.
As I look forward to 42, I am declaring it
The Year of Openness
This year, I will be open to all kinds of things. I am open to:
- the concept that it’s not impossible for me to run a 5K
- writing opportunities
- new people
- amazing twists and turns
This year, I will not say, “That’s impossible.”
This year, I will not think, “That’s impossible.”
I will just consider that seemingly impossible things may, in fact, be
And every great goal deserves it’s own anthem. I’m officially declaring my song of the year to be:
(click to see the video — truly an amazing song)